cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do You Need More Configuration Examples?

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We want to know! Tell us which technology areas need more configuration examples.

30 Replies 30

Indeed. I dare say that just a couple well thought out configs would cover the wireless features that most netadmins need.

I, for one, would be most happy with sample configurations for WPA2 and WPA2 Enterprise without external server, avoiding the use of IRB, in ISR and ISR-G2 devices.

It's not that the devices are not plug and play... It's that they are unnecessarily hard to configure due to lack of task-oriented documentation and real-life examples. Try this: Choose a netadmin with a pretty decent background in general networking but less wireless experience. Ask him/her to configure say an ISR as access point with WPA2 with shared key using the provided documentation on CCO. Measure time and use of bad words during the experiment.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear,

i am happy that we have somewhere to give feed back about this area

first of all Cisco configuration examples in Cisco.com i think its one of the best among other venders in term of documents' layout and examples' details

however i think there are some technologies do not have enough examples such as:

IPCCX

Telepresence specially integration with other systems and Telepresence Recording even in the partner section there are few examples

EEM

PFR   --- I created a configuration example in  netpro as document i think its one of the few detailed examples in this technology !!!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8353

Multicasting

some of UC features,   I  mean the new features in CUCM 7 and the coming version 8 ( most of the current documents uses CCM 4)

this is whats at the top of my mind now

thank you for this discussion

regards,

jonasdiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, please I will recommend some confg examples of NAM, Network Analysis Module...

angelblacut
Level 1
Level 1

Yes!

Could somebody post a configuration of any switch and routers able to support BGP4, I need to simulate a IXP in Bolivia, gathering around 10 ISP, is this info that public? Thanks!

Tim Glen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about more config examples showing how to use ISAKMP with RSA-SIG, obtaining cert from MS CA or Verisign and other providers.  

Thx Much!!

bischoff_s
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for asking. Yes, I'm in need of new configuration examples. My problem at the moment is that I can't find configuration examles for the C4908M and ME4924-10GE switch. The problem is the configuration of the management interface to support tacacs+, ssh, tftp and so on. I found some configuration examples for using inband management with special VFRs and the use of an Loopback interface, but I'm looking for configuration examples using the built in separate management interface of this switch. It would be glad from you, if you can put new configuration examples to CCO.

With kind regards

Stefan Bischoff

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Janel

Catalyst QOS can be a very confusing subject. It is well documented for each switch type but what i think would be very useful would be a side by side comparison of how MQC classification/marking/queueing/policing etc. can be transferred to a Catalyst configuration.

Obviously you can't always do a straight comparison because the capabilities are not the same but it could still be generalised to an extent.

Jon

Hi Jon,

That's great feedback - we really appreciate it!

stevjarbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, Cisco has a slew of config examples, but for whatever reason they never seem relevant to me....This could be me....But, I feel Cisco needs to provide more config examples and update older config examples with each IOS release if the features/functionality changes.  I feel that many of the config examples are too "vanilla", "cookie cutter" configs that fail to address "real world" scenarios.

My two cents worth...

Sincerely,

Steve

Really appreciate your insight, Steve.

If you have a specific example, please do advise. Thanks!

Verschoor65
Level 1
Level 1

How about a switch and Nac Guest Server Integration Guide, Like The WLC and Nac Guest server integration Guide.

Thanx

Frans

ericohermoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 IPS 4270 AND I want to set up for promiscous mode and also failover for this two devices. Do you have a configuration samples? Please if you have kindly give me a samples.

thank you and best regards

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Janel,

could you provide some configuration examples to configure DNS SRV to provide high availability in a complex VOIP scenario (CallManager, Presence, Unity Connection, IPCC, ...)?

We would like these examples both DNS and appliance side.

Moreover, could you provide some configuration examples to get high availability for some VOIP services, such as CallManger URL directory access?

Is there a way to get that without a load balancer, but only with the use of DNS?

Thanks and regards.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply and for contributing to the types of technology areas that need more examples. Your input will help shape our focus - thanks!

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just a note to everyone that has so kindly contributed to our configuration example post, if you have ideas or suggestions as to how we can improve documentation, please let us know in the  Tech Doc Ideas Forum: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/tech-docs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card