Views
Helpful
Replies

DRAM on MSFC3

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Is there any command to check DRAM on MSFC3 daughter card installed on SUP-720 in Cisco IOS?

regds,

aman

8 Replies 8

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aman,

Yes you can ofvourse do the same.

Run the command "sh version" to get the DRAM on MSFC and "remote command switch show version" to get the memory on supervisor engine.

Also have a look at this lin kwhich can be very helpfull

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801c0eb0.shtml#working

HTH

Ankur

*Please rate all helpfull post

Dear Ankur,

I have tried to run both commands on Cisco 6509 switch but the output appears to be same .

How can we find what is DRAM on SUP & MSFC3?

Pls. find attached file

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes your sup 720 supervisor and msfc3 both are having same memory which is 512 MB DRAM and 64 MB bootflash.

Can you also post the output from "sh module"?

WS-SUP720-3B ships with default 512MB DRAM and 64 MB bootflash and same is the case with WS-SUP720.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm#wp2561053

Also if you check from your output when you just entered "sh version" you are on MSFC which you ca confirm from "s72033_rp-PS-M" where "rp" stands for route processor which is MSFC3 daughter card for you and when you enter remote command sh version you will see "s72033_sp-PS-M" where "sp" stands for switch processor.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Dear Ankur,

find the show module output.

aman

Hi Aman,

I agree with Ankur on this.With Sup720 you always get both SP and RP DRAM as 512KB and the flash is 64MB.Your " show version " output reveals the same for SP and RP.

Let us know if you have doubts.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Aman,

I checked from your "sh mod" output and you are having WS-SUP720-3B which default get DRAM as 512 MB and bootflash as 64MB so the output which you see from the mentioned command are correct and your sup and msfc memory capacity is same.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Thanks Ankur.... Resolved my issue

thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: