cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Drop and Insert Multiplexing Capability

diek
Level 1
Level 1

Will a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 interace card with Drop and Insert Multiplexing Capability in a 2801 provide a integrated CSU/DSU the same as a HWIC-1DSU-T1 interfac card? I can not find anything to explain what I would need to do to enable the Drop and Insert Multiplexing Capability for a integrated CSU/DSU. This is for a data T1 line use.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kenneth

Your question seems to start by asking whether the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 works the same as the HWIC-1DSU-T1. I do not have the experience with the cards to answer that. But I suspect that the essential functionality is similar. Then the question seems to be asking how to configure drop and insert. I have recently configured drop and insert on a 2811 with a slightly different card and your process should be pretty similar. After doing the normal things to configure card type and configure controller charactertistics such as framing and encoding, then you configure a tdm-group (and possibly channel-group) on one line, then configure tdm-group (and possibly channel-group) on the other line. Then you use the connect command to connect the two tdm-groups. That would be the essentials of drop and insert.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card