Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Drop of connection

I have 9 branches. All of the branches come to a central location using T1 MPLS line and go out to the Internet. This one branch is experincing drop connection. I have 2911/9 router. Is there a log or command I can run to see if there is carrier or site issue like loose connection or drop connection?

Also presenlty I have T1 connection on these router. I am looking at T2 bonded connection. Do I need special card to be able to support the T2 connection.

Thank you

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I am not clear what you mean

I am not clear what you mean when you say you may upgrade to T2 bonded connection. There is not any T2 that I know of. Would I be correct in assuming that what you mean is two T1s configured with multilink? In that case you do not need any special card.

Be aware that when you configure T1s with multilink that it must be configured that way on both ends of the connection. You can configure it on your router. But if the T1 terminates at the MPLS provider then the provider must be willing to support the multilink on their equipment also.

We do not know how your routers are configured so it is difficult for us to say what commands would work to show you what has happened at the remote. If logging is correctly configured for it you should be able to use show log commands to see if the interfaces have been down and up which is certainly one sign of losing the connection. Depending on whether you are running a dynamic routing protocp; with the provider there may also be log messages indicating that the neighbor sent down and came up.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content