Views
Helpful
Replies

DSL link connectivity problem with router

parba.basu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am using 2611 router, on that i have 1 lease line connected on serial link.now i want to connect 1 DSL link on it through the Proxy Server.The DSL link is connected into the Proxy Server and the Proxy is connected to the router through Cross cable.i m able to ping the internal as well as external NIC IP address of Proxy server from Router but not able to ping the DSL modem Private as well as Static Public IP.What could be the reason.I put 1 default route on router stating next hop address as Proxy Server's Internal NIC ip .

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

It also depends on the kinda card you are using over there in your router for this connectivity.

If you are using normal WIC card you can refer the below link for configuring up the same.

if you are not aware of the card type then do give show version command and paste the output here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

Parba

If I am understanding your post correctly then the topology is: DSL network to DSL modem which is connected to proxy server, and proxy server connected to 2611 router. It seems to me that the likely problem is something in the setup of the proxy server. Is the proxy server set up to pass traffic from the DSL modem interface to the router interface?

If the proxy server is setup correctly to pass this traffic then I would look next at the possibility that the proxy server is not logging in on the DSL modem to establish that link as active. Does the DSL modem have an ID and a password that it expects from the device that is connecting to it? And is that ID and password correctly set up on the proxy server? From the proxy server are you able to ping the DSL modem?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card