Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

DSL modem is slow with 831, ok with PC connected

This one is driving me crazy and have a TAC case on it, just have not heard back on it yet. I can only get 1.5 mbps with 831 router connected to dsl modem, but get 3 mbps or better with PC connected to same modem, has anyone seen this before? Have try two different modems and ISP has run a loop test with is good.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: DSL modem is slow with 831, ok with PC connected

Are you getting a full duplex connection when the PC is directly connected, but not when the 831 is?

Can I assume you're using the same PC in both the 'directly connected' and 'through-the-831' scenarios'? If so, is the PC getting a good default route to the 831 (showing up in the dos window "route print" command output?). I'd also make sure you're full duplex on the PC-to-831 link in addition to the 831 to DSL modem connection.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content