Views
Helpful
Replies

DSL site connected with VPN to ASA.

jaquesvheerden
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

We have a problem with one of our DSL sites that do a site to site VPN to our ASA so we can monitor the site and have access to it remotely. Their internet does a breakout for their www and mail, so not to pass over the VPN. On our side we have a new subnet we want to have access to the remote site, but we can only get to the remote DSL site once we ping from one of the remote site servers/PC's to the new subnet, or when we use an IP SLA.

Why would we have access to the remote DSL site only once we've pinged from it to the new subnet or use an IP SLA to monitor? With no IP SLA on the DSL router, when it boots, we cannot get to the remote site from the new subnet.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate, send a network diagram or configurations for the ASA or DSL router.

Regards,

Jaques.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jacques,

>>Please let me know if I need to elaborate, send a network diagram or configurations for the ASA or DSL router.

In order to get better help you should provide the above information filter passwords and mask public ip addresses for safety

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Included is the ADSL Router's config.

The new subnet we want to get to is 192.99.96.0.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card