Views
Helpful
Replies

dual wan ios router with pbr and RAS IPSEC VPN

sebastiangille
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i configured a cisco ios router 871 - Adv IPservices Version 12.4(24)T8 with a dual wan configuration and ipsec ras vpn.

Everything works perfect, expect RAS IPSEC VPN.

a global policy route map is configured:

ip local policy route-map vpn-access

ip access-list extended vpn
 permit udp host [vpn-traffic-wan-interface-ip] eq isakmp any
 permit tcp host [vpn-traffic-wan-interface-ip] eq 10000 any
 permit esp host [vpn-traffic-wan-interface-ip] any
 permit udp host [vpn-traffic-wan-interface-ip] eq non500-isakmp any

route-map vpn-access permit 10
 match ip address wpn
 match interface FastEthernet4
 set ip next-hop [vpn-traffic-wan-interface-gw]

two default routes, the one for vpn-traffic with a higher metric.

The vpn client connects to the router, traffic from vpn client to the remote net arrives, but the reverse not.

I created a virtual template with a policy route-map, so that the vpn net is forced to be routed outside the vpn-traffic-wan-interface,i also configured a default route for the vpn-client-net outside to vpn-traffic-wan-interface-gw

If i delete the primary default route (lower metric than vpn-traffic route) everything works as expected.

My next step would be a packet capture on the router to check how the traffic flows (it seems that the reverse traffic passes the lower metric route)

Where is the mistake, i'm quite sure that i configured a working scenario the same way before, unfortunately i'm not able to verify it (config lost)

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hello, Sebastian.

Per my understanding you are trying to tunnel IPSec traffic via one interface and all the other (browsing) traffic over another.

If yes, I would suggest, is to use 0.0.0.0/0 over VPN interface and do client traffic PBR.

PS: VTI transport traffic is not subject to local PBR, I guess ESP could be as well.

Hi Vasilii,

your understanding is correct.

I will try it with your suggestion.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card