Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual WAN with CEF Load balancing and VPN client error

izaroelorza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 1841 router connected to two different lines  (same ISP) and I would like to load balance between them. I think I have  achieved this point, but the problem is that remote VPNs do not work (only from Dialer1).

This is my diagram:

ISP1----ISP Router----------Fa0/1 ROUTER 1841

----------Fa0/0 LAN

ISP2 ----------------pppoe Dialer1 ROUTER 1841

I  have tried to redirect all my vpn traffic through the Dialer1 with PBR, but it does not work.

Can you help me please?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not understand well what the problem is. When you say that "I  have tried to redirect all my vpn traffic through the Dialer1 with PBR, but it does not work" are you saying that the VPN traffic does not work or are you saying that trying to load balance traffic does not work.

But one thing is clear. There is a reason why VPN traffic only works on dialer1. Dialer1 is the only interface where the crypto map is applied. If you want VPN traffic to work on both outside interfaces then there must be the crypto map on both interfaces.

If that does not clear you issue then please clarify what the issue is.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

When I say that "I  have tried to redirect all my vpn traffic through the Dialer1 with PBR, but it does not work" i mean that VPN traffic does not work, VPN in stablished but I can not see any IP in the LAN.

What I'm trying to do is load-balancing all traffic except VPN traffic, this traffic should go only from Dialer1.

Coul be a cef problem?

Thank you in advanced.

With what I see in the config it looks like load balancing of traffic should be working. Are you saying that load balancing is working or is not working?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Load balancing  think is working, but VPN client-to-lan not. I noticed that when I delete the route that is going through Fas0/1 (ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.0.1), VPN works properly (but like this I'm not doing balancing).

I think that maybe CEF priorizates traffic through Fas0/1 and PBR does not work in the interface fast0/0 (inside part).

In order to CEF and PBR work properly do I have to have same type of interfaces? I mean, two dialers or two Fastethernet?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card