cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Controller slip counters error

hiteshoberai
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2MB link terminated on a E1 G.703 controller card at both ENd-A & B locations the link has been assigned to a multilink interface at both ends.

Recently we have observed that the slip counters on the controller interface are increasing

this link is taken from an ISP & we have a MUX installed at both ends no modem comes in picture the ISP has tested via loopuk & berth test & say there is no problem from there end.

request you to go through the logs & suggest the cause of the problem with the link or the controller card.

Regards

Hitesh

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

I would suggestto try out coding the following commands in the global config mode..

network-clock-participate slot0

network-clock-select 1 e1

for more info on the usage tips do check this link out ..

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_n1.htm#wp1016893

regds

Hi ,

Thanks for replysing i would like to know whether putting this command will reset my controller interface

Regards

Hitesh

slanker
Level 1
Level 1

hi!

you're writeing that you're useing a MUX via a link from an ISP. Are this MUX converting E1 to IP (v.e. RAD IP-Mux)?

Maybe it could be a clocking problem.

Please post a graphic showing your configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco