Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Controller

sixfields
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a E1 card(2MFT-E1-DI),I have done loop back testing.Attached is what I did...can any one please tell me why my PRI is not UP when connected.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

can you try and change the framing to ´no crc-4´ and back to ´crc-4´ ? That can sometimes help in bringing the controller up.

Assuming that you are trying to configure voice support, make sure your IOS version supports the voice (the IOS image has a ´v´).

Can you post the entire config of your router, as well as the output of ´show version´ ?

Regards,

GP

Thanks GP and Prem

I try to no crc-4 and crc4, did'nt fix.

Yes.We do want this to support as voice backup line to PSTN,for existing VOIP on our internal LAN.

Please find the attachement of Running config and Version.

Prem we also tracing whats cause of alarm errors.

Thanks.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In addition to GPs post would suggest to check up by looping at ur remote end and check whether your are getting clean and errorfree loop.since your alarm specification is also mentioning "Far End Alarm Detected"..

regds

Hello,

one thing that I was windering is which network module you are using ? Keep in mind that the VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI is only supported with the NM-2W and the NM-HDV module.

Regards,

GP

Yes its NM_HDV.

Thanks.

Hello,

your config looks ok, you could try and configure linecoding b8zs, so instead of:

controller E1 1/0

framing crc4

linecoding hdb3

clock source line

pri-group timeslots 1-31

you would configure:

controller E1 1/0

framing crc4

linecoding b8zs

clock source line

pri-group timeslots 1-31

If nothing else helps, physically check the cable to the provider modem, and you also might want to reset the modem, if possible.

The controller also has a command 'cable length', which should match the actual cable you are using.

Of course there could always be a problem with the provider line itself, who is your provider ?

Regards,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card