Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

E1 simulator or Routers as E1 simulators.

am trying to setup a voice lab in our support centre. I am looking for a 4 x port E1 simulator to simulate a Carrier's E1 Network so that I can connect 4 routers to this simulator and be able to use this simulator as a carrier's network.

Better still if I can use Cisco Routers or Access Servers to achieve the same result. For example I have an old ACcess Server 5200 with two E1 ports that we used to use for Dial-In Remote Access which has now been decommissioned. Can I use this AS5200 for example as a two port E1 simultaor and if I put a 4 port E1 card can I use this a 4 port E1 simulator. This will be ideal for me.

Alphonse Stanislaus

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: E1 simulator or Routers as E1 simulators.

Hi Alphonse,

If you are trying to emulate a TDM network, I would suggest you get some MIX-enabled E1 cards (pretty sure you can get them for the 28xx, 38xx platforms) which will allow you to cross-connect timeslots between ports, allowing you to simulate a carrier TDM network.

The AS5200 can only be used as a DTE device as far as E1 functionality goes so that will not help you.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content