Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 / T1 Controller Counters

erikbragaccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I need some help with E1 counters. The company I work for has a cisco CUCM with two gateways, and each gateway with 4 E1 connections. I know cisco did a great job at documenting what each counter error represent, but I am knew so I dont have much experience in a real production enviroment. I need to know what is an acceptable amount of erros regarding each counter. Like slip secs, how many slip secs are acceptable? Just one? 10?  I know if I go to Ciscos website they will have a document that tells me what that error emans, but I want to be able to know when soemthing is out the ordinary. Last week I recieved some complaints about calls that went out through the PSTN which uses the E1. When I checked the E1 counters it had 1 slip secs, so can I assume that 1 slip secs is enought to tell me that something is wrong and I need to do something about it? Same goes for the other counters.

E1 0/1/1 is up.

Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

Description: ***************

No alarms detected.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20090113, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0

Framing is NO-CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (834 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 24 hours)

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

2 Replies 2

If the only thing you saw was 1 slip second, that is not going to be a problem, were there no other counters in the last 24 hour period?

If you are just using voice then you can live with slip seconds incrementing. It is a different story for Faxing incrementing slip seconds will give you Fax errors.

If all counters are zero, then look somewhere else for you problem.

Thanks for the quick response. I still want to know about the other counters. Also do you know the command to clear the e1 counter. I know i can clear all counters with "clear counters " command, but I need the command that clears only the e1 counters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card