cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 to E1 link on unframed plain Circiut

larrys
Level 1
Level 1

I need to establish a E1 to E1 link across a Circuit described by the Service provider

" as a plain circuit with no framing and the clocking should be configured as master slave. Linecode is HDB3."

Do i need to configur a Channel group and if so how shoud the time slots be defined.

Many Thaks

Larry_s

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Larry,

Yes, that is correct.. if you choose to use just a single channel-group that uses up all the timeslots, that is fine as well.

Hope that helps - pls rate the posts if it does.

Cheers,

Paresh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Larry,

When you get an unframed circuit, it basically means that the provider will just accept whatever bitstream you send it and not interpret any framing structure within in.

Therefore, you are free to carve it up into any number of channel-groups as you wish - just make sure you line up the channel-groups at each end so that they have the same numner of timeslots. Also, you will have to configure one end to use an internal clock and the other to use line clock.

Here's a sample:

Site A:

controller e1 0

linecode hdb3

clock source internal

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-10

channel-group 2 timeslots 11-16

Site B:

controller e1 0

linecode hdb3

clock source line

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-10

channel-group 2 timeslots 11-16

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Paresh

Paresh

Many thanks

I assume I can use 1 channel-group timeslots 1-31 if needed.

and set up the serial s1/0:1 as normal with required IP and encapsulation.

Lary_s

Hi Larry,

Yes, that is correct.. if you choose to use just a single channel-group that uses up all the timeslots, that is fine as well.

Hope that helps - pls rate the posts if it does.

Cheers,

Paresh

Paresh

Re the E1 circuit

So is there any requirement to setup Framing on the interface or will the default crc4 be applicable or should it be set for unframed.

Many Thansk

Larry_s

Hi Larry,

Being an unframed circuit, you could use either CRC4 or not... there is no real requirement here. Just make sure that it is the same at both ends.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card