cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

e1

cool_mhar04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im very thankful i saw this forum. Hope you could help me with my problem. Firt time configuring an e1 connection to a 2800 router, i was not able to bring it up to its peer router. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Almar

You do not give us much to work with in this question. There are quite a number of possible reasons and without knowing more it would be hard to know whether it was mismatched protocols on the interface, mismatched addresses on the interface, hardware problem, or something else. If you would be a bit more specific about what did not work, if you would post the configuration of the router, and post the output of show interface then we might be in a better position to give you effective assistance.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi;

I might not be able to get it its running config file, as far im sure is that i tested that serial, configure its clocking properly, configure it statically to its peer router, then still wont, interface surely is working i tried to connect it to our spare router and find to be working. Was just wondering if something wrong with the channel grouping, right now I ask telco for ber testing, an hour ago they said e1 is working fine, no errors found. Hope this would help in case you still need more information, you can give your number if you will and will you the information, thank you so much!

The information you provided may not help.

Can you atleast post the output of

sh controllers E1 0/0/0

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card