Views
Helpful
Replies

E3 Configuration

zanub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a PA-MC-E3 card between 2 7509 routers. It does not support single channel e3. so i have bundled all the 16 e1's into a single multilink interface. i had also tried with 4 e1's multilinked into 1 with 4 such multilinks.i had to give clock source internal in both sides to get the link up. all serial interfaces are up.however i cannot ping the other end.the service provider says they have given us a single e3 channel which is normally used in PA-E3 Cards. Please help.

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The setup sounds fine to me. Maybe it's a cabling issue. Did you try swapping the cables?

glbeach
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can verify that the current hardware is good by creeating E1's for each channel and encap HDLC. Give each interface an IP and use a small piece of Coax to loop the E3 interface back to itself. If you can ping your own Serial E1 interfaces yor hardware is fine and thus further evidence you will likely need to change your implimentation.

I dont believe you will be able to run your channelized card on a clear channel E3. You will either need to get the correct hardware or have the telco provide a channelized E3 link. If I see something that gives better info on this Ill repost it for you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card