Views
Helpful
Replies

E3 Problem envolving 12000/IOS XR/7200

jjose_felipe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am working in a upgrade to IOS XR (Version 3.6.2) in a 12410 box and I am having a problem with E3 link, when the other side is a 7200 router.

After the upgrade, sometimes the link becomes down, but, more frequently, I is up with CRC. The link flaps all the time. I have changed the "national bit", "framing", scramble, etc. Sometimes it works for some minutes, but we haven't found a solution.

Does anybody have experienced this problem?

Best regards.

José Felipe

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you prove it was working fine before the upgrade ?

If you can't, it's a circuit issue and you should complain to telco.

Unfortunately is not a circuit issue, we have checked it. Is is happening in different places, always when we do the upgrade to IOS XR.

Thanks.

So you will have to revert to older IOS to have things working, and contact the TAC so they can suggest a fixed release or workaround.

Hello Jose Felipe,

>> happening in different places, always when we do the upgrade to IOS XR.

First thing stop migration activity.

we are introducing C12410 with IOS XR 3.8 to replace GSRs with IOS.

We have E3 circuits and we have seen them flapping from time to time (more then with IOS GSR) but links can be used.

Open a TAC service request and consider to upgrade to IOS XR 3.8

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

thanks for the answer.

what is strange, it always happens when the other side is a 7200. We have E3 links to 7600 and it works fine.

Our customer have a TAC service open, but there is not a conclusion yet.

Regards.

José Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card