Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0

Hi! Today I've put 7606 with 2 x RSP720-3CXL in production state and have some error messages in my log, which accordings to standby processor:

Sep 5 06:48:56: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:49:57: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:50:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:51:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:52:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:53:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:54:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:55:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:56:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:57:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:58:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

Sep 5 06:59:58: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 0xB08D0EBD

How can I solve it?

12 REPLIES

Re: EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-STDBY-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #0

Hi!

Find the explanation below and the actions that should be taken. I hope this help you!

9. %EARL_L2_ASIC-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #[dec]: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 [hex]

This message indicates that the EARL L2 ASIC detected an invalid header in the DBUS. This error is due to hardware that has failed, a misconfiguration of the module software, or invalid packets that were dropped because of an OIR operation.

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

10. %EARL_L2_ASIC-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC #[dec]: Dbus Hdr. Error occurred. Ctrl1 [hex]

This message indicates that the EARL L2 ASIC detected an invalid header in the DBUS. This error is due to hardware that has failed, a misconfiguration of the module software, or invalid packets that were dropped because of an OIR operation.

Recommended Action: Copy the message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Research and attempt to resolve the issue using the tools and utilities provided at http://www.cisco.com/tac. With some messages, these tools and utilities will supply clarifying information. Search for resolved software issues using the Bug Toolkit at http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs. If you still require assistance, open a case with the Technical Assistance Center via the Internet at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl, or contact your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the information you have gathered. Attach the following information to your case in nonzipped, plain-text (.txt) format: the output of the show logging and show tech-support commands and your pertinent troubleshooting logs.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

Thanks. I already have description of an error message, but want to resolve trouble without TAC. Is there any way?

hmmm... what can I say:

-check the IOS

-unplug, replug the module

-reload the chassis

-change the 2 modules between them in slots

-check configuration

-try one module at the time (maybe one is giving you some failure messages)

I don't know what steps did you followed already...so, if I'm repeating here some of them, sorry.

My personal idea is that you have a hardware error there...but I might be wrong.

I will try to search for some more clues about this.

Good luck!

Calin

No one of this steps were did already.

1. IOS: c7600rsp72043-ipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRB4.

2. I'll try to re-insert the module. Is there any way to do it's in software?

3. Will try if one of the above steps will not solve the trouble.

4. Next steps is terrible, because I have only one edge router :).

According to this: EARL_L2_ASIC-****SP-STDBY****-4-DBUS_HDR_ERR, trouble message is about standby processor. Will hope that the solution will not be very awful.

2. I'll try to re-insert the module. Is there any way to do it's in software?

I think if this is your standby one, you can shut down the module with "no power enable module x" and then "power enable..." and you will see if there is a difference. If you want to physically remove the card and reinsert that you have to shut it down with the command above, remove it, replug, power-up the slot...

I hope you can solve your problem. Keep me in touch with this as I'm curious how did you solve the problem.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Calin

Moved question to TAC. Maybe they want to have info before reset to solve the problem. Will write there about proccess.

Moved question to TAC. Maybe they want to have info before reset to solve the problem. Will write there about proccess.

I have tried to search in Cisco TAC or BugToolKit something about this error, but found nothing. I will try some more, but I advice you to contact Cisco or your service provider.

Cheers,

Calin

Unfortunately, there is no answer from TAC for this moment.

Tried to upgrade to 12.2(33)SRC1. Problem was not solved :(.

Trouble was solved by returning faulty redundant RSP to Cisco Systems. With new RSP all right.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsv96270

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content