I have a Route with 2 serial links connected to the same ISP. One is a T3 and one is a T1. The T3 is the Primary Link and the T1 is the Secondary Link. I have floating static route configured as well as MED to set a higher metric for the Secondary T1 backup Link. I want the Secondary link to become active when ever the primary one is not available but, whe I bring down the Primary link both links go down. Please look at my config below to tell me what I have done wrong. Thanks.
There are some things in your description that do not match up with the configs that you have posted. For example your description talks about a T3 and a T1. But the config that you post for ISP has 2 serial interfaces and both have this:
and those interfaces are obviously directly connected to your router (based on the IP addressing). So where is the T3 and the T1?
But the biggest problem is that you have 1 (and only 1) router in AS100 and 1 (and only 1) router in AS200. You are attempting to act as if there are 2 BGP neighbor relationships but there are not. There is a single BGP neighbor relationship (and having 2 neighbor statements will not change this).
My suggestion is that if you have these 2 routers and have 2 serial links and want some redundancy that you do these steps:
- configure loopback interfaces on each router.
- change the BGP config to peer to the loopback interface of the other router.
- configure the bgp multihop to facilitate peering to a not directly connected interface.
- configure a static route and a floating static route on each router to the other routers loopback interface (not a static default route).
- if you want the ISP router to advertise a default route (and if it does not have a default route in its BGP table already) then configure default-information-originate on the ISP router for your router.
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...
Attached policy provides CLI access to the Cisco 4G router over text messaging. Two files are in the attached .tar file:
2. PDF with instructions on how to load and use the .tcl file.