cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP ACROSS PIX IPSEC TUNNEL

amohabir1
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running EIGRP in our main data center redistributing some BGP routes from our vendor DMZ into EIGRP. We would like to have these routes advertised to our secondary site via EIGRP.

The problem I'm experiencing is getting our router in the main data center to talk to the router in the secondary site via eigrp.

We currently connect to the secondary site via an ipsec tunnel across our pix firewalls that sit in our public dmz's.

I know when ipsec comes into play...so does gre and encapsulating specific traffic (in my case routing updates), however I am having some trouble figuring out how I should be configuring my routers on the private network to talk to each other via eigrp. I've attached a very simple diagram that gives a simplistic view of what the network looks like and what I am trying to do.

1 Reply 1

amohabir1
Level 1
Level 1

Okay So I think I might have found my answer. I was doing everything correctly however I think I might have missed some access-lists on my firewall.

I found this article, for anyone else that might need it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a43f6.shtml.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card