Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP auto summary

Is it on or off by default? does it depend on the IOS version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: EIGRP auto summary

It is on by default. I am not aware that it has changed from IOS version to version.

Edit - beg your pardon. It is on by default up until IOS version 12.2(8)T and then it is off by default.

Jon

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

It is on by default. I am not aware that it has changed from IOS version to version.

Edit - beg your pardon. It is on by default up until IOS version 12.2(8)T and then it is off by default.

Jon

Gold

Autosummary has always been on, and probably will always will be on. We've talked about turning it off by default, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense--it would probably cause a lot of pain with very little, or no, gain, in the long run.

:-)

Russ

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Russ

I thought it was always on as well but doesn't this link suggest otherwise ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/iproute/command/reference/ip2_a1g.html#wp1038925

Jon

Gold

Bah! So, apparently, the argument went the other way from the last time I was involved in the conversation. I need eyes in the back of my head, or something.

Anyway, I checked, in and 12.3, it is off by default, rather than on. I can't pinpoint where it changed--I'm asking some of the coders if they know the defect number, etc, but I don't see it right now.

:-)

Russ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content