Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Eigrp Distance for specific External Eigrp routes.

I have an external eigrp network in my table that I want to change its distance to 171 but I do not want any of my other eigrp external network distances to change.

I've tried

router eigrp 100

distance 171 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.3 50

access-list 50 permit 192.168.25.0 0.0.0.255

I get hits on the acl when I have the distance command applied for that neighbor but it doesn't change my distance for the 25.0/24 route. If I change that network to an internal eigrp route then it the distance will change to 171. Any ideas how to do this with an external eigrp route.

Patrick

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: Eigrp Distance for specific External Eigrp routes.

Hey Patrick,

That is a known limitation. You cannot use this form of the distance command to change the AD for external routes from an EIGRP neighbor.

One option may be to 'convert' the external route to an internal one by configuring the neighbor advertising that route with a summary-address of 192.168.25.0/24. Then, you can use the distance statement as you configured above to give it an AD of 50.

Paresh

3 REPLIES
Purple

Hey Patrick,

That is a known limitation. You cannot use this form of the distance command to change the AD for external routes from an EIGRP neighbor.

One option may be to 'convert' the external route to an internal one by configuring the neighbor advertising that route with a summary-address of 192.168.25.0/24. Then, you can use the distance statement as you configured above to give it an AD of 50.

Paresh

Paresh Thanks

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks.

Patrick

Purple

Patrick,

Just wondering whether you tried out the summary-address workaround I was suggesting ? Or is that not a legal option for what you are trying to do ?

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.