cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Error issues

pannick
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting EIRGP issues due to a what appears to be a Trend Micro virus wall appliance that was installed on our network. It is referring to an IP address that is now non-existant because it was removed. I am stumped.

This is my error

25w6d: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 27: Neighbor 192.10.1.101 (Vlan2) is down: retry limit exceeded

25w6d: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 27: Neighbor 192.10.1.101 (Vlan2) is up: new adjacency

5 Replies 5

I don't know much about the Trend Micro virus applliance itself. However, it sounds like the virus appliance considers the EIGRP hello packets as some kind of DOS packet and thus it intercepts and kills it proactively. You may be able to tweak the virus appliance to disable whatever signature is causing this problem.

Pls. rate all helpful posts.

HTH,

Sundar

My problem is I took the Trend box offline and now I can not get these errors to stop. I even had a Cisco tech try to help and we gave up. Now I am trying again. I can't seem to get a no EIRGP command or anything. I am on a Cat 4006 with IOS -

IOS (tm) Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-I9S-M)

Can you ping your EIGRP neighbor address.

--Sundar

No what no seems to see in the message is that I took that device on line. I can not find in the config to remove it and make the error go away. The device does not exist anymore.

Joel

This seems to be very odd. Perhaps it would help us figure out what is going on if you would post the entire config of router eigrp, and the output of show ip eigrp interface.

It sounds a bit like a persistence problem (the IOS remembers something that was valid in the config, has been removed, but the IOS still thinks it is there). I have seen a few of these, and in almost all of those cases a reload of the router cleared the symptoms. Would you be able to do a reload and tell us if the symptoms continue?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card