Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP IPX

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i have a branch that is connected to the core network using TDM as a primary link and ISDN as a backup link. IPX must be running since there are novell servers located in the servers farm in the core network "Head Office".

I have configured IP EIGRP with AS 200 and IPX EIGRP with AS 250.

Everything works fine for a while according to the IPX since i can issue show ipx servers peridically not all the time. after few tests, it seems that IPX is triggering the ISDN link even the primary link is established and connected fine i don't know why?!

let us say sometimes i can issue show ipx servers and i can see all the IPX servers and sometimes i can see only LAN IPX servers only at the branch office.

interface serial 0/0/0

ip address 10.76.0.2 255.255.255.252

ipx network 10B

interface fastethernet 0/0

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

ipx network 10A

interface BRI 0/1/0

ip address ......

ipx network 10C

rourer eigrp 200

network 10

no auto-summaty

!

ipx router eigrp 250

network 10A

network 10B

network 10C

!

Any comments about this design and why the IPX traffic triggering the ISDN line even the primary is connected and working fine?

Another thing, i can't see the IPX EIGRP neighbors,why?

at the head office data aggregation router

interface 1/0:12

ip address 10.76.0.1 255.255.255.252

ipx network 10B

ipx router eigrp 250

ipx network 10B

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With ISDN and all demand-type links, you need to define an access-list that defines interesting traffic, that is, the one that bring up the links. you didn't do that, please go over the DDR fundamentals in the IOS manuals.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card