cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Load-balancing

amcocisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have problem with load-balancing in folowing situation. On one location I have Location1-R1 connected with Location1-R2 via ethernet0/0 (they are connected on the same LAN). On the other location is the same situation, Location2-R1 connected via ethernet 0/0 with Location2-R2. Next, Location1-R1 is connected with Location2-R1 with frame-relay link, and Location1-R2 is connected with Location2-R2 via wireless link. Routing protocol is EIGRP on all routers. I can setup load-balancing on both R1, or R2, but I can NOT setup on all routers. I need load balancing on Location1 and Location2 and on both routers. I tryed correcting bandwidth and delay and using offset-list but when I setup loadbalancing on both R1 on both R2 doesn't work any more. Any sugestions?

3 Replies 3

Hi Amir.

Could you show your network diagram(with no effect information)?

IMHO : You may need to use uneqaul-loadbalancing. first the unequal routes must be installed the routing table. To do so please show us with "sh ip eigrp topo". We want to check the routes that are using sucesssor routers or feasible successor routers or not before adding variance command into eigrp configuration.

Regards

Thot

Thanks for reply. I have send you via attachment picture of network. I need load balancing on both routers on both location for networks 10.252.0.0 and 10.254.0.0 because some computers in LAN use R1 and some R2 as gateway. I think that problem is, from R1 stand point, R2 on same location is not feasible successor because R1 have better route to network on other side with directly connected router. I tryed variance and offset-list but changes on one router affect the other via routing updates.

Regards

Amir

Hi Aamir,

We are using the same setup on our network with combination of variance and offset-list, but this has to be on the active link,but if your computer using half for one gateway and half for second link, then this will not work,

any way you are already doing aysymetric load-balancing anyway!!.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: