auto-summary

What route does the above advertise.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The network statement under EIGRP does not advertise any networks. What the network statement does is tell the router on which interfaces to run EIGRP.

0.0.0.0 will match all interfaces so it is saying run EIGRP on all interfaces on this router.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

The "network 0.0.0.0" will run EIGRP on all your router interfaces.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The network statement under EIGRP does not advertise any networks. What the network statement does is tell the router on which interfaces to run EIGRP.

0.0.0.0 will match all interfaces so it is saying run EIGRP on all interfaces on this router.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I believe that we can add another statement in order to solve the original poster confusion. The network statement tells the router which interface(s) to run EIGRP, the router will advertise all the networks configured under the interfaces running EIGRP out of all the interfaces running EIGRP.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Jon,

I believe that we can add another statement in order to solve the original poster confusion. The network statement tells the router which interface(s) to run EIGRP, the router will advertise all the networks configured under the interfaces running EIGRP out of all the interfaces running EIGRP.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed

Hope everything is going well.

Apologies for the cross post - i posted just after you so i think we both deserve rating. I agree the above clarifies the point very well.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am fine, and i hope that you are fine too, no need for apologies from you Jon, both of us are trying to help the people out here with our different prospectives and ideas, thanks for the rating and really its a pleasure being part of the forum with people like yourself.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card