Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

EIGRP route influence broadcast

Is it possible to make route selection based on neighbors in eigrp on a broadcast network.

Detailed Question:

If i am learning same routes from different neighbours from same physical interface, Can in influence the route selection based on neighbors?

sample net work

B--A--C  B and C are switches and A is a router bridging the interfaces. I ahve two neighbors on same BVI interface and receiving same subnets from both neighbors, need to influence one of them ( lets say i am using filterlist on other end, ie B and C)

But how do i influence routes going to one of them  from A , bcoz both neighbors are on same interface ...is it possible ?

if yes how ..

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: EIGRP route influence broadcast

rajivrajan1 wrote:

Is it possible to make route selection based on neighbors in eigrp on a broadcast network.

Detailed Question:

If i am learning same routes from different neighbours from same physical interface, Can in influence the route selection based on neighbors?

sample net work

B--A--C  B and C are switches and A is a router bridging the interfaces. I ahve two neighbors on same BVI interface and receiving same subnets from both neighbors, need to influence one of them ( lets say i am using filterlist on other end, ie B and C)

But how do i influence routes going to one of them  from A , bcoz both neighbors are on same interface ...is it possible ?

if yes how ..

You could use an offset-list to change the metrics. You would still need to apply these on B and/or C though. It's not actually using A to influence the routes but it would have the same effect.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content