cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP route influence broadcast

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to make route selection based on neighbors in eigrp on a broadcast network.

Detailed Question:

If i am learning same routes from different neighbours from same physical interface, Can in influence the route selection based on neighbors?

sample net work

B--A--C  B and C are switches and A is a router bridging the interfaces. I ahve two neighbors on same BVI interface and receiving same subnets from both neighbors, need to influence one of them ( lets say i am using filterlist on other end, ie B and C)

But how do i influence routes going to one of them  from A , bcoz both neighbors are on same interface ...is it possible ?

if yes how ..

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

rajivrajan1 wrote:

Is it possible to make route selection based on neighbors in eigrp on a broadcast network.

Detailed Question:

If i am learning same routes from different neighbours from same physical interface, Can in influence the route selection based on neighbors?

sample net work

B--A--C  B and C are switches and A is a router bridging the interfaces. I ahve two neighbors on same BVI interface and receiving same subnets from both neighbors, need to influence one of them ( lets say i am using filterlist on other end, ie B and C)

But how do i influence routes going to one of them  from A , bcoz both neighbors are on same interface ...is it possible ?

if yes how ..

You could use an offset-list to change the metrics. You would still need to apply these on B and/or C though. It's not actually using A to influence the routes but it would have the same effect.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: