Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Stub at the edge ???

steve pearson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking to implement 25 Cisco 3750 switches with IPBASE image at the edge, across many cabinets.  I understand I am limited to EIGRP Stub on the 3750 switches (with IPBase) and cannot acheive funding to upgrade to IPServices.  Though I am not fully aware on the limitations, in terms of what I am trying to acheive.

Broadly speaking I want to install 2 x 3750 switches at the edge, with point-to-point links to two 6500 core switches (at the data centre) and then have HSRP interfaces on the 3750's, tracking the up links to the core switches.  I am presuming this will be the best solution to ensure reliability.

My 6500 switches run EIGRP and have many VLANs and other L3 networks advertised, which will need advertising to the 3750 switches.  I would be looking to advertise two or three HSRP networks on the 3750 switches, up to the core switches.

At the moment, the entire network is Layer 2 (VLANS + STP).

Please see attached a diagram to explain the above.

Any help would be great in terms of how to configure EIGRP across the 3750 switches and 6500 switches to allow for the 3750's to see the whole network and also advertise back up it's directly connected (HSRP) networks to the core.  At the moment, after configuration, none of the switches see each other as EIGRP neighbours but can ping the L3 addresses on each end.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Steve

Do you really mean that no switch sees another switch as an EIGRP neighbor?

Some additional information would be helpful. Perhaps starting with the output of show ip eigrp interface from several of the switches. Also it would help to see the interface configs and the configuration of EIGRP on the switches and the output of show ip interface brief.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card