cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp stub for branch network with WAN and distribution

ewang
Level 1
Level 1

we want to configure stub betw our branches WAN routers and hub routers.

but in branch network we have

1. Two WAN routers which connect to two layer 3 Catalyat switches (core routers) via layer 3 links

2. users vlans are created on layer 3 Catalyst switches

hub router-- branch WAN--- branch core-- user vlan

In this case, I don't see how I can run stub on branch routers. WAN routers, with stub, won't tell hub routers about user vlans behdind core(layer 3 catalyst)

I think eigrp stub can only advertises connected and static routes to hub routers

Anyway to run stub in this setup? thanks

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you can do is, run a different instance of EIGRP between the Branch WAN router and CAT switch and do mutual redistribution between the 2 instances on the branch WAN router.

On the WAN router, under the EIGRP instance between branch WAN router and the hub router, configure "eigrp stub redistributed connected".

This would enable the branch WAN router to advertise the networks connected to CAT and at the same time be a stub from the hub router perspective.

Hope it helps.

--Sundar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eric

Are you running EIGRP on the Catalyst switches? If so you should be able to configure EIGRP stub on the Catalyst.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

What you can do is, run a different instance of EIGRP between the Branch WAN router and CAT switch and do mutual redistribution between the 2 instances on the branch WAN router.

On the WAN router, under the EIGRP instance between branch WAN router and the hub router, configure "eigrp stub redistributed connected".

This would enable the branch WAN router to advertise the networks connected to CAT and at the same time be a stub from the hub router perspective.

Hope it helps.

--Sundar

I see and I will lab it.

hub router (eigrp 10) --- (eigrp 10) branch WAN (eigrp 20) --- (eigrp 20) branch core --- user vlans:10.5.5.0/24

but should I run stub between WAN and layer 3 core? I guess it's not needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco