cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp stub leak-map option [Dual-homed hub-and-spoke WAN network]

rasesh.patel
Level 1
Level 1

Is their any known issue to configure the route leaking on the stub router. [Dual-homed hub-and-spoke WAN network]

I am looking for some eigrp stub leak-map configuration examples / documentation to better understand the technology, but it's seems I am not having much luck on cisco.com.

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Rasesh,

the leak-map option is associated with the

ip summary-address eigrp xx command

and allows to advertise some subnet components in addition to the summary route

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_eig1.html#wp1013188

There is no leak-map option associated to the eigrp stub command

The summary keyword permits the EIGRP Stub Routing feature to send summary routes. Summary routes can be created manually with the summary address command or automatically at a major network border router with the auto-summary command enabled. This option is enabled by default.

So you could use the summary-address command out the eigrp stub router but why?

if the summary route is enough it is better to advertise only that.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Their is a leak-map option assocaited to the eigrp stub command. You will find this option in version 12.3(11)T or 12.4

WAN_Router(config-router)#eigrp stub ?

connected Do advertise connected routes

leak-map Allow dynamic prefixes based on the leak-map

receive-only Set IP-EIGRP as receive only neighbor

redistributed Do advertise redistributed routes

static Do advertise static routes

summary Do advertise summary routes

Hello Rasesh,

I see and I think here the leak-map can have a different meaning:

for the prefixes specified with the leak-map the router can behave as a standard EIGRP router (for example it can learn and propagate prefixes matching the leak-map).

However, if it is so in a dual homed scenario the leak-map can increase the scope of the Query range involving the stub but leaking router.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card