Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

EIGRP stub

I read that the EIGRP stub router should have a default route to the core router. Do I need to configure it manually? or is it created after I issue an "eigrp stub" command under "router eigrp..." ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: EIGRP stub

You could even just use a default static ip route eg.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

and redistribute into EIGRP process.

But if you use this or you use ip default-network then you still need to use a distribute-list under the eigrp configuration to make sure only the default-route is sent to the stub router.

If you use the summary-address as in your example then because this is an interface command EIGRP will advertise the summary route only which is exactly what you want.

Jon

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

You need to configure it manually. You would generally create a default-route or supernet route on the core router and then advertise this to the EIGRP stub router.

Jon

Community Member

So if I issue a "ip summary-address eigrp 30 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" on the core router, the EIGRP stub will get it as part of an EIGRP update, and it will install a default route through the core?

Is there another way to advertise the default-route from the core? What about "ip default-network"?

Hall of Fame Super Blue

You could even just use a default static ip route eg.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

and redistribute into EIGRP process.

But if you use this or you use ip default-network then you still need to use a distribute-list under the eigrp configuration to make sure only the default-route is sent to the stub router.

If you use the summary-address as in your example then because this is an interface command EIGRP will advertise the summary route only which is exactly what you want.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content