Helpful
Replies

EIGRP

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

i have a couple of questions!

1)if we have 4 link, the first 3 is gig and the 4 one running on the gig interface, but the actual speed is 300M?

2)can i run Multilink bundle on this 4 Links(1 of the 4 in different speed 300M But running on the gig interface)?

3)how can i do load balence & redundancy for this 4 link?

4)do i need to do l3 etherchannel(L3) for the first 3 link,and the 4 link(300M) for backup?

5)i want to use EIGRP AS ROUTING PROTOCOL,How EIGRP Will work for this situation?

plz waiting ur kind reply...

32 Replies 32

Hi

From Cisco doc:-

=============================================

EIGRP puts up to four routes of equal cost in the routing table, which the router then load-balances. The type of load balancing (per packet or per destination) depends on the type of switching being done in the router. EIGRP, however, can also load-balance over unequal cost links.

Note: Using max-paths, you can configure EIGRP to use up to six routes of equal cost.

Let us say there are four paths to a given destination, and the metrics for these paths are:

path 1: 1100

path 2: 1100

path 3: 2000

path 4: 4000

The router, by default, places traffic on both path 1 and 2. Using EIGRP, you can use the variance command to instruct the router to also place traffic on paths 3 and 4. The variance is a multiplier: traffic will be placed on any link that has a metric less than the best path multiplied by the variance. To load balance over paths 1, 2, and 3, use variance 2, because 1100 x 2 = 2200, which is greater than the metric through path 3. Similarly, to also add path 4, issue variance 4 under the router eigrp command. Refer to How Does Unequal Cost Path Load Balancing (Variance) Work in IGRP and EIGRP? for more information.

=============================================

So in your case you have to look at metric for the L3 etherchannel and the metric for the wireless link and then work out how many times you have multiply the metric for your L3 etherchannel to get to the metric for your wireless link.

Note that the wireless link must be a feasible successor to be used in unequal cost load-balancing so refer back to earlier posts for info on how to do this.

HTH

Jon

Hello Experts!

10xs 10xs 10xs for all ur reply;ur help;ur time to help me;and 10xs for the Netpro forums

10xs experts

Ali,

Multilink PPP is only for the Point to Point link...

if you have ethernet connectivity then you have to go for Ether channel or some thing like Routing protocol equal path or unequal path or you can use the Multiple static routes with the same AD.

if you have VLAN and Different Subnet design in your network then you can have HSRP or GLBP loadbalancing stuff...

regards

Devang

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card