Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enable passive ftp on IOS 15.0 version

Hi,

I am using ftp server over internet, for this I am able to connect with ftp server successfully but unable to transfer data. I am unable to see the file's list on connected ftp server. I am using the router Cisco 1941 with 15.0 (1r) M12.

There is no firewall or any ACL policy applied that could stop the any type of traffic.

I have also configured ip ftp passive command on it. But still passive ftp not working.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Aman

3 Replies 3

Neeraj Arora
Level 3
Level 3

Aman,

I don't think "ip ftp passive" command on the router would help you much as this is used when router is used as ftp server.

for your issue considering the fact that we do not have any config, I would suggest the following options:

- Reload the router (if its not in production) and then check again

- On the inside interface, configure "ip tcp mss-adjust 1300" and then check

- post your router's config along with "sh ip nat translation" so that we can check if there is something missing in the config

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for your response, I will check your recommend action on device and will let you know about it. Further, I will aslo send you the configuration and sh translation output.

Thanks !

Hi All,

I am having the same issue mentioned above. We have a FTP server behind the router running 15.0 IOS. I have configured a Static NAT statement and ACL to allow the traffic on port number 21.

I knew that for command authentication FTP listens on port 21 but for data transfer it can take random port (as per few posts).

Please suggest what should be done to allow passive FTP connections.

Regards,

Krish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card