cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enqueued to process level

kumar.vasanth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Suddenly we have seen intermittent connectivity to our router after giving ip flow-control destination <ip address> of the server in global configuration mode. When we see logs, we have observed as below

Jan 29 12:29:37.084: Enqueued to process level.

Does the ip flow-control destination <ip address> command generates log and router to hang up the processes? I am not sure why we are seeing intermittent connectivity? Please advise. (After removing ip flow-control <ip address> command we have not seen any logs.

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kumar,

>> Enqueued to process level

this should mean that these packets are sent to main processor (process switched) if traffic is heavy this can cause cpu usage to rise to 100%.

the effects of the command can be important, without traffic to that server can be processed more efficiently by CEF

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Does it mean if the destination server is offline, entire traffic will be sent main processor?

I have applied the same command more than 10 routers and I have seen this incident in only one router. The destination server is connected to LAN side of the router where we have faced this incident.

Hello Kumar,

>> he destination server is connected to LAN side of the router where we have faced this incident.

I think the router will process the flow in any case. So the router connected to the server is the one with the greatest load because all traffic to the server arrives there.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card