Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise vs. IPServices

ttieuropecco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

right now we have here at our headquarter two Cisco 1812 in place for DMVPN. one is active and the other one is cold stand by. due to replacement of 19" racks we shifted the service over to the cold stand by unit. the cisco servers 17 tunnel endpoints without any problem.

then i realized that i have two different ios versions on these cisco routers. the original working one runs "c181x-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T5.bin" and the cold stand by one runs "c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T5.bin".

both units run just fine with exactly the same startup-config. i could not find any differences serving our tunnel endpoints.

is there some kind of feature-matrix available, which outlines the differences between these versions? thanks a lot.

ct,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Josef,

for a more detailed comparison of features I suggest to use the Feature Navigator Tool

www.cisco.com/go/fn

the tool can be used to compare two images providing two lists of features one for each image

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Josef,

se the following document that shows the relationships between different feature sets

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/ciscoiospackaging-eng.pdf

advanced enterprise has more features then advanced ip services DMVPN is one of the features in common

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

thank you for the link. the document was quite helpfull and i got an small overview. but i'm still looking for some kind of matrix, which would show me in detail what parts are available in which versions.

ct,

Hello Josef,

for a more detailed comparison of features I suggest to use the Feature Navigator Tool

www.cisco.com/go/fn

the tool can be used to compare two images providing two lists of features one for each image

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

that was exactly what i was looking for. thanks a lot.

ct,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card