cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Equipment help

dmearsiii
Level 1
Level 1

I have to purchase equipment for a project we have going and need some help.

I'm going to be traveling around every quarter, setting up WLAN service for a Lawyers forum group. The meetings last 5 days and will vary between 200-350 members at these meetings. Two of these meetings will be held in the U.S and two overseas, could be Japan, England, France, Germany or anywhere. Hotels hosting these meetings will provide a pre-paid for WAN link with 5-8 public ip addresses. WAN link may vary and could range from 1 or 2 T1/E1 lines, ADSL, SHDSL, T3/E3 or whatever is available in that country. WAN link should be terminated to an ethernet cable but this may vary. I'm working on specifying the WAN link be terminated to ethernet as part of the contract.

My requirements according to contract: I have to provide a firewall, dchp, outbound VPN access and WLAN.

Members are worldwide and will be using many types of VPN clients to remote back to their home office. So firewall must be able to handle any VPN client and all members using their VPN's at once, plus their may be more than one person from a firm remoting back into the same office VPN at the same time.

As for the WLAN, I was planning on taking 7 AP's with me, either the Aironet 1200's or 1240's. Members will be given a packet with login information before conference starts. I don't plan on broadcasting the SSID. Also I need members to login before gaining access to the WLAN or internet (either wpa, wep, etc.... Username and password can be the same for all members, for example user:Lawyer pass:law2006. Also, after they connect to an AP, and when they open a browser, I would like to have it default to an editable web page portal if possible (not sure how to do this).

Due to flight restrictions, I can only take so much equipment with me, so If possible I would like to find 1 box that would handle the Firewall, DHCP for 200-350 people, VPN (outbound only).

I know this is a lot of info, but I'm new to alot of this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

To use the authentication types described in this section, the access point authentication settings must match the authentication settings on the client adapters that associate to the access point. Refer to the Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters Installation and Configuration Guide for Windows for instructions on setting authentication types on wireless client adapters.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card