Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Equipments for T1 link

Hi,

We have a site that is connected through fiber to the main office, we would like to create a backup link for a group of user (on a specific switch) to be able to connect to the main office through a T1 line if the fiber was accidentally damaged. What equipments do I need to finalize the connection on switches of both sides. Is it only CSU/DSU on both ends or do I need to have routers? if so what kind do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Equipments for T1 link

Em...Can you install T1 module on your current router? You can use T1 to backup your fiber.

Best Regards

Cheng

a. backup link for a group of user (on a specific switch)

You can create a access list for this specific group of users to be connected over T1 line, in case of failure.

b. What equipments do I need to finalize the connection on switches of both sides.

If the router doesnot have support for WAN modules, you will have to go for csu/dsu for T1 connectivity.

regards

Thank you for your response,

I have all the users who need to have a backup link on an HP switch, the switch will be up linked to main switch (has fiber link to the main site) and also to a backup link through T1.

Now I have two CSU/DSU, my question is do I need any other equipment between HP switch and the CSU/DSU, or between the CSU/DSU and and Cisco 6509.

Views
Helpful
Replies