Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ERROR: access-list has protocol or port

Hi there, I have an ASA 5510 version 7.0(4). I have a problem with the nat0 , at some point of time my nat0 line on the inside interface simply dissappears . When i try to add it again it gives me an error ERROR: access-list has protocol or port . Now according to me we had ip based access as well as portocol and port based access-list in the nat0 and this was working fine for last 6 months without any issues. Now that we have removed protocol based and only assigned ip based it works fine . I have gone through all the bugs for this version but didnt find any of this kind . The same acl (protocol and port based) works fine in some PIX which we have . Can any one point as to what is the problem with this version of ASA

1 REPLY

Re: ERROR: access-list has protocol or port

Only the IP protocol is allowed in the ACL. NAT Exemption is evaluated based on source and destination addresses, not on IP protocols or port numbers.

hope this answers your question.

cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies