Views
Helpful
Replies

Error during boot.

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone tell me the meaning of this error. I tried installing a new image using the tftpdnld command but i yet get the same error after rest even though the copy process work fine.

Error : compressed image checksum is incorrect 0x1E8CE860

Expected a checksum of 0xC5C91B48

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x5, context= 0x80016b60

PC = 0x00000000, SP = 0x00000000, RA = 0x00000000

Cause Reg = 0x00000000, Status Reg = 0x00000000

System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(11r)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.

System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(11r)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Total memory size = 256 MB - DIMM0 = 256 MB, DIMM1 = 0 MB

c3845 processor with 262144 Kbytes of main memory

Main memory is configured to 72/0(dimm 0/1) bit mode with ECC enabled

Upgrade ROMMON initialized

rommon 1 >

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Renzil

It looks to me like you have an invalid copy of the image file. It may be that the copy from the TFTP server to the router worked fine. I wonder if the copy from the Cisco server to your machine worked fine. I wonder if somewhere in the process of getting the image from Cisco into your network, and getting it onto your TFTP server either the copy aborted or perhaps a copy was done without specifying the binary option.

In any case I would suggest that you load the image from Cisco again, being careful to specify parameters for the copy and watch the status of all the copy steps being done.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick for your reply,

I had another compact flask which i used on the router and it worked. I guess the compact flash has a hardware defect.

What do u suggest ?

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

Renzil

The error might have been caused by hardware problems on the compact flash. Depending on how much effort you want to put into researching the problem, I would suggest the following. Compare the file length given in the show flash (or dir) between the one that worked and the one that failed. Are they the same or is the failed on shorter (assuming that the two images are the same version and the same feature set). A shorter length in the failed image might indicate a truncated file due to hardware problem.

A better test would be to copy the known good image from the router to a server. Then copy the known good image from the server to the failed compact flash. Be careful to note the outcome of both copy operations and any error that might be indicated (especially if any error is indicated in the copy from the server to the failed compact flash). Try to boot the router from the failed compact flash.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi Rick,

I will surely do that and let u know.

Thanks

Brgds

renzil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card