Views
Helpful
Replies

error message on AP10KREDGE

shahaij
Level 1
Level 1

Hello sir,

My customer's router is AP10KREDGE. My customer did engine switchover work. But after that. there are some error message:

"

%REDUNDANCY-3-SWITCHOVER: RP switchover (PEER_WATCHDOG_INTERRUPT)

%REDUNDANCY-5-PEER_MONITOR_EVENT: Standby received a switchover (raw-event=PEER_WATCHDOG_INTERRUPT(8))

"

I can't locate the explanation on CCO about these messages. My customer is concerning about the WATCHDOG message. Is that harmful? can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sha

2 Replies 2

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

it seems as though your redundant routeProcessor (standby) has switchedover due to some event. stateful switch over (SSO) seems to be configured for this device.

the peer_watchdog is a process run between the RPs to initiate switchover when an event occurs that requires it.

this is not necessarily harmful, as it is performing a normal task, but you should want to discover why the event occured and correct the issue that caused the switchover of RPs.

Sir,

I agree with you. But now the PRE was switchovered to the original backup one. And there is nothing in log which point out the reason of the switchover. Is that possible the other PRE kept something logged which would point out the reason of the switchover?

If original Pri. PRE kept something in it's log, how can I read it out? It seems there is no 'attach' command on 10008. What should I do? read it by console?(actually the router is in remote site, I have to onsite to read if by console).

Can you give me further help?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sha

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card