Views
Helpful
Replies

Establishing multiple VPN Connections with Cisco 2821

gatekeeper72
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know if its possible to establish multiple VPN connections to different hosts with a cisco 2821 router.

We'd like to use the router to establish secure connections to 2 seperate hosts.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

You mean Remote Access VPNs correct? Means where different users connect to branch office with their Dial-Ups or DSL connections.

There are generally two ways to do it, 1. IPSec Protocol 2. MPPE Protocol

I would prefer the first one however its bit complex.

Let us know your requirement and we will be glad to help you out.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Paul

The 2821 certainly should be able to support 2 VPN connections, whether they are site to site or are remote access. I have quite a few 1841s supporting 2 site to site VPNs. So the 2821 should certainly be capable of that. Of course it depends a bit on what else you are asking the 2821 to do and what the processing load of those other tasks might be.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the replies.

Just to be clear we're looking to establish 2 VPN's to different VPN hosts. i.e One VPN established to site A and the other to site B.

Rick: If I've read your reply correctly, this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again

Paul

Paul

Without knowing what else you might be doing it is hard to be certain. But I would be quite amazed if the 2821 had any difficulty at all with 2 VPN sessions to 2 different hosts. It is certainly WELL within the capabilities of the box.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card