Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Etherchannel

Hi ,

I just want to know , i have two 6mbs LES connection(Different ISP) on 1841 from DR to my HO. I use HWIC 4ESW, both the line are terminated into HWIC.

In interface FastEthernet0/0 my local network is connected(192.168.54.X).I'm not using any routing protocols between my sites,only static.

My question is

Should i go for etherchannel ? or anything else ?

Correct me if i'm wrong,Eterchannel doesn't form in 10Mbps line. So wat should i do? i want to use both the lines.

Let me know

Thanks in adavance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Etherchannel

are you looking for load balancing across 2 links or something else? can you let us know exactly what your requirement is?

Re: Etherchannel

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if you can run an Etherchannel from your 1841 router to two different ISP? thus creating one 12Meg Pipe?

An Etherchannel can only be created between two directly connected devices, and not one channel between three devices. The cisco white paper on Etherchannels should give you a better idea on this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_white_paper09186a0080092944.shtml

Is it the case that you are wanting to split (or even loadbalance) your internet traffic over the two ISP routes?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content