Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Evaluation License vs RTU

I have CISCO887VA-M-K9 router and I have activated the eavluation advipservices license on it as below:

ROUTER#show license feature

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription   Enabled  RightToUse

advipservices            yes          yes         no             yes      yes

ROUTER#show license

Index 1 Feature: advipservices

Period left: 8  weeks 0  day

Period Used: 3  days 11 hours

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

My Quation :

1- what it will happen if the evaluation period expired and licensed converted to RTU license? Am I going to lost the configuration done on the router?

2- If the RTU licese is only a paper license for legal? or it has to be activated on order to maintan activation of the advipservices

Community Member

Looking at the output, I would say that you are running temporary IPSERVICES license on your 800 series. Temporary licenses are used for evaluating new capabilities or in emergency situations. A temporary license allows a feature set to be used for 60 days of actual usage. When the 60-day period expires, the device will continue to operate normally until reloaded. After the reload, the device will default to the original functionality before the temporary license was enabled.

Dont forget to rate the answer :-)

Community Member

Thanks Amant for your email.

Will be able to reactivate the licensed again after 60 days expiration temporary for lab testing?

Community Member

I don’t think that you can reactivate temporary license again once it’s expired. You may open TAC case with the licensing team to get the permanent license.

Community Member
CreatePlease to create content