cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expert Help Needed. Please come forward..

Dear Experts,

I need expert advise about configuring OTV in DC Environment. We have two Data Centers. Primary & Secondary DC. In Primary DC, there are different different VRF's like production, DMZ, extranet & under each VRF there are multiple VLAN's . In Secondary DC,we have mail servers hosted & there is no backup for production VRF's in secondary DC and there are different IP Subnet in two DC's. Now we need to extend VRF's in primary DC to secondary DC through OTV. How we can configure OTV and how SVI's for VLAN's need to be created. We also need to have routing between different VRF's.

Please come forward or give your expert solution to resolve the issue. Thanks a lot.       

7 Replies 7

Aries Fernandes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you found the solution or do you still need one. We can work out a solution for this. Let me know if you need solution for this query.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I still need a solution. Can you please help me.

Sure, let me frame out your problem to know if I have got this right:

Say you have in VRF production: VLANs 11 - 100 and in VRF DMZ: VLANs 101 - 200 ...all in DC1 [primary data center]

Does DC2 have VLANs from 11 - 200 or does it have from say 201 - 300.

The VRF part is something I need to work on, so I need to get some more insight on that, can you attach your topology, if you have, or just create one so that I can try to replicate something similar?

Hi Aries,

You got it correct. I will provide diagram in a day. Thanks.

Hi Ravi,

I am working on the following topology currently. If this is the one you are looking for let me know.

Thanks,

Aries

Hi

I have slight different topology, in which there are two data centers. Both has Nexus 7K-5K-2K architecture. In both DC's , different VRF's are configured & different VLAN's are configured in each VRF. Each DC has different IP subnet. Now requirement is to create OTV between two DC's for all required VLAN's. Nexus 7K has production VDC and OTV vdc will be created in both core switches ( i.e. Nexus 7K )  & in both the DC's.

This is the case of multi-homing OTV edge devices. There are two point to point link fiber link between two data centers.

Currently some VLAN's are extended as layer-2.

I am looking for OTV solution for above environment.

Hi Aries,

I have following query. We have two data centers. In both data centers we have two Nexus 7K switches. Configured production VDC and OTV VDC in both the switches and in both data centers. Multiple VRF's are configured in both Data Centers under production VDC. There are two point to point fiber links between two data centers that is part of VRF-A under production VDC. One link has 10G BW and Second Link has 1G BW. We have L3 joint interface from OTV VDC to Production VDC in internal VRF.Need to run dynamic routing protocol between data centers to have link failover. Now question is do we need to have multiple joint interfaces per VRF at both the data centers or just single joint interface and in which VRF it should be ideally configured. Also do we need to have port channeling between OTV VDC's in same data centers. ..Please provide answer to following queries..that would be gr8 help. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco