Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed license install

zulcapzul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have few licenses to be installed in my c2911/k9 router but there were errors while installing the license. Below are the errors:

1.            MYKULVPNRT01#license install flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216014217861.lic

Installing licenses from "flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216014217861.lic"

% Error: Install failed. UDI FL-CUE-MBX-5=:FGL1548125Y on license does not match any device

0/1 licenses were successfully installed

0/1 licenses were existing licenses

1/1 licenses were failed to install

2.            MYKULVPNRT01#license install flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216235520471.lic

Installing licenses from "flash:FGL1548125Y_20120216235520471.lic"

% Error: Install failed. UDI FL-CUE-PORT-2=:FGL1548125Y on license does not match any device

0/1 licenses were successfully installed

0/1 licenses were existing licenses

1/1 licenses were failed to install

Does anyone knows why this is happening?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

HI Muhamad,

Run following command on your router:

"sh lic udi"

It will give you PID, SN and UDI

Than you can try to open license files via notepad and compare this info with data entered in the license files.
And find out where may be the issue.
Anyway it's good that you contacted with your licensing team - they will rehost your licenses quickly.
HTH,
Alex

View solution in original post

Muhammad,

I would suggest you to call to Cisco fist line support and transfer you to the licensing team. I'm sure this will help to solve the issue more faster. In case if licenses again won't work you can request to reroute your case to the platform team and they will assist you at any convenient time.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mohammad,

This error usually means that the PID or the serial number does not much with the one on the router.  If downloading the license key from Cisco site, make sure that you enter the number and letters exactly as shown on your device. The key is case sensitive.

HTH

Hi Reza,

I have entered both number exactly the same as it is but still got error. Now, I am still waiting from Cisco licensing support to help me with this issue. Anyway, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards.

HI Muhamad,

Run following command on your router:

"sh lic udi"

It will give you PID, SN and UDI

Than you can try to open license files via notepad and compare this info with data entered in the license files.
And find out where may be the issue.
Anyway it's good that you contacted with your licensing team - they will rehost your licenses quickly.
HTH,
Alex

Hi Oleksandr,

I've opened and checked the license file via notepad, all informations are correct. Do you have any idea what caused this? Cisco licensing team still have not respond to my email...anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards.

Muhammad,

I would suggest you to call to Cisco fist line support and transfer you to the licensing team. I'm sure this will help to solve the issue more faster. In case if licenses again won't work you can request to reroute your case to the platform team and they will assist you at any convenient time.

HTH,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card