Views
Helpful
Replies

failed to change line 1 speed

nedian123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've read previous issues related to this error while booting the Cisco 837 SOHO....i also tried the solution suggested in previous issues, by changing & testing all speeds supported in rommon mode but the output is same w/ garbage, after that i also changed the IOS through tftpdnld utility.............but still garbage

CISCO C837 (MPC857DSL) processor (revision 0x600) with 58983K/6553K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FHK091712FV (2767348863), with hardware revision 0000

CPU rev number 7

Bridging software.

1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

1 ATM network interface(s)

128K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

12288K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

2048K bytes of processor board Web flash (Read/Write)

dsl power-cutback 0

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Failed to change line 1's speed

Press RETURN to get started!

àüüàüüüàü

help

Akhtar

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Akhtar

It is interesting (and probably good for you) that the bootup messages are displayed correctly and the garbage characters start after the router has read its config file. That fact - along with the message Failed to change line 1's speed make me believe that there is something configured in the config file that is altering the speed.

My suggestion is to use the password recovery procedure to bypass reading the config file (make the config register 0x2142). I suspect that this will allow you to get into privilege mode on the router. Then you can do a show startup-config and look to see if there is some command setting line speed. If there is then you can copy and paste the config into a text file, make changes, and paste it into the running config. This should fix your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco