Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Failed to start Kadis

Hello,

Does anybody know what following log message is related to?

"Failed to start Kadis. Status -10"

Appears shortly after bootup, once.

7204VXR/NPE-2G with EIGRP, BFD, some QoS

Thanks,

Alex

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Failed to start Kadis

What is the IOS version of IOS?

12.2(4)XD8, Advance Security.

I think it may be related to BFD. not sure though

Alex

Cisco Employee

Yes...it is BFD related and the problem is with BFD support on NPE-G2. This problem is fixed in 12.4(16.5)T or higher. This version is not available on CCO for you to download yet. You can request a TAC engineer to post an Engineering Special with the fix if you would like to test.

Cisco Employee

Yes...it is BFD related and the problem is with BFD support on NPE-G2. This problem is fixed in 12.4(16.5)T or higher. This version is not available on CCO for you to download yet. You can request a TAC engineer to post an Engineering Special with the fix if you would like to test.

Thank you for the info!

I am currently on (15)T1 version and you are saying that it is not going to work until (16.5)T.

I see some bfd behavior that doesn't correlate to docs, and it may be due to above.

If this technology is such hot, may be it is not a good idea to use it under EIGRP for WAN failures detection over ISP's switched Ethernet links? We are cutting over next month.

Reduced timers?

Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies