Views
Helpful
Replies

Far End Block Errors Detected

bikash_bd
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I have ten MWR 1941-DC router. With this router I have made E1 connection.But the E1 connection goes off frequently and comes after some times without doing anything. When I give command "show cont e1" it says that "Far End Block Errors Detected" some times it says "loss of frame". Can you tell me the reason of the above two error.

This route was preconfigured with redundency with Y- cable. When I remove the redundency , the carreer detect( CD) led goes off and I can not do any thing .So will you tell me that how can I remove the redundency option.

Pls reply , I am in trouble.

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

It could most probably be a layer one issue.. cable must be broken somewhere, if you do a show controller the layer 1 and 2 might probably be down.

please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a7591.shtml#rem_alarm

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Far End Block Errors means that the renote end is seeing frame loss and frame errors from your transmit. This could mean a few things. IT could mean that your xmit interface is faulty. You could possibly have faulty cabling (With faulty cabling you would also see FEBE's. I would check your layer 1 cabling or port off the router. Good Luck..Please rate..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card