Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Faulty T1 ??

Hi I have a point to point T1 I'm getting complaints from users that internet traffic and specific applications used over the circuit are slow I checked both the remote and local side and found what seems to be many errors but would like some additional advice.

I've attached a txt file that shows both interfaces and many errors. I have also contacted my circuit provider and he had did some non-intrusive testing and said he didnt see and issues at the time I asked him to take down the circuit after business hours and test. Unfortunatly the remote end is in a diffrent town so changing the WIC or cables would be a bit more difficult to do.

Any advice would be apperciated.

thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Faulty T1 ??

Hi Mike,

For this case, you have to check step by step, thisone might be a physical layer issue

1. Ask your service provider to give a loop (Local & Remote)and check whether errors are increasing on particular interface or not.

2. your-End physical connectivity

3. Then, Other-End physical connectivity

Regards

Ramesh

3 REPLIES

Hi Mike,

For this case, you have to check step by step, thisone might be a physical layer issue

1. Ask your service provider to give a loop (Local & Remote)and check whether errors are increasing on particular interface or not.

2. your-End physical connectivity

3. Then, Other-End physical connectivity

Regards

Ramesh

Thanks for the help, contacted my provider told them about the high number of errors and AIS alarms I was getting. Had them do a intrusive testing after hours. They came back the next day saying that they thought they were having problems with the smart jack/NIU and will have a technician despatched in the morning.

thanks, for the help....Mike

Another option is depending on the hardware in use. There have been high error rates using a combination of the 2800 series router with certain revisions of the WIC-1DSU-T1 cards. The high error rates were observed on the standard and the V2 cards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content